Friday, November 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes - "Firsts" Edition

Joining in with Jennifer at Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes Friday.....

"FIRSTS"

~1~

This month marked the first time that I have ever made a birthday cake to resemble a pumpkin. And the first time that I thought it would be a good idea to put a cake on the floor "just for a moment" while a busy toddler was about. Fortunately, his finger was only attracted to the middle of the number one.

~2~

First encounter with a birthday candle. He didn't quite know what to do with it (we forgot to practice). The good news is that he now blows at everything including lightbulbs and gas stoves. He also sings a remarkably accurate version of "Happy Birthday." Ha mmm ma mmm ha mmmm maaa mmm... Pure musical genius.

~3~

The first time in years that I've felt energetic enough to make two birthday cakes in short succession. And the first time I've made a blue frosted cake (per the birthday girl's request).

~4~

The first time she received life experience for her birthday instead of stuff.
No complaints heard.

~5~

The first time he received a birthday gift several months early. The timing was perfect. In his words, "This was the most fun I have ever had in my life."

~6~

The first time he ever faced a foot high pile of dung without complaining... much.

~7~

First time playing in the leaves. And yesterday we had snow. Does Autumn really have to end so soon? I do love the changing seasons. I just wish we had a little more time with the three that are not Winter.

And giving thanks to God for all of these things. For all the blessings, challenges, grief and joy. It's all God's. It's all grace. Blessed be God!

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome cake! You have some talent in that department! Happy Birthday to your lil cub and daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If you take the time to comment, I'll do my best to take the time to reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails